Share Your Story

Throughout history stories of romantic meetings are chronicled and passed down through the ages.

Now it's your turn to share your story. We want to know,
So... How Did You Meet Anyway?


Saturday, September 18, 2010

Lucky Day

Here is a "how we met" legend, passed along from  a fellow Vermonter to you.

When I was 20 I took a year off from college to take a break from the books. I got a job driving a delivery truck for a local egg farm: Lucky Day Eggs.
My day started at 5:00AM, and my job was to make egg deliveries to  a bunch of small restaurants in our area. My favorite stop was at a little delicatessen called The Lunch Box. I'd get there around 8:00AM and get to talk with the girl who was getting everything ready for the upcoming lunch rush. She was really cute and I was "in love", but how do you make a move during a ten minute egg delivery? Well one day the truck broke down by the restaurant where my cute girl worked. Now I had the time I needed...got the phone number...got the date...got the girl. And the title of this story?...It's obvious.

The year went by and I went back to school and graduated. I know the story would be better if I could say that the lunch girl and I ended up getting married and living happily ever after, but we didn't. We dated for a while after I graduated, but then we drifted apart. Still, though, it's a great story and I tell it to my kids all the time. My wife knows that it's ancient history so she likes it, too.