Share Your Story

Throughout history stories of romantic meetings are chronicled and passed down through the ages.

Now it's your turn to share your story. We want to know,
So... How Did You Meet Anyway?


Friday, September 3, 2010

How Kate Met Alan

In 4th grade Alan moved to my town and rode the bus with my brother. He used to come to my house for play with my brother but I don't remember him. He claims to remember me playing with my large number of barbie dolls while they were trying to play video games. In 5th grade he moved away and we never heard from him again until my brother went to college at Iowa State University. Alan recognized my brother at a fraternity rush function and they became friends again and roommates. Alan’s parents lived in Tennessee so he would come to our house for holidays and that’s when I met him again. 2 years later, I went to Iowa State and also became friends with Alan. Alan asked me out when I was a freshman and a junior, and even sent me flowers once, but I always said no.

So many years later and I don't really remember why I turned down all those offers. Then at a New Year's Eve party in Chicago after college on the eve of 2003 I kissed him at midnight and I told him I thought I was in love with him…and we’ve been together ever since. We got married on November 1st, 2008. We currently live in a nice white house in Bettendorf, Iowa USA with Payton, our labrador retriever, and have plans to start a family sometime in the future.