Share Your Story

Throughout history stories of romantic meetings are chronicled and passed down through the ages.

Now it's your turn to share your story. We want to know,
So... How Did You Meet Anyway?


Sunday, September 12, 2010

Strategies That Work

Sarah and I met two ways. The first time we met, it was at the nursery at University Hospital in Cleveland. She was visiting her new nephew and I was visiting my new niece -- both recent graduates of the birthing program there. We chatted but I went off to visit my sister and she her sister-in-law and we somehow missed connecting again that day.

Then, about three months later, we met at a bar. So we have both stories -- the cute one and the dissipated one!

We both suffered from that "don't I know you from somewhere" feeling, but were both too embarrassed to use such an obvious pick-up line. Anyway, we started dating the very next day. 28 days later we were engaged. Six months later, married. My strategy: don't give Sarah time to think that she may be making a mistake.