Share Your Story

Throughout history stories of romantic meetings are chronicled and passed down through the ages.

Now it's your turn to share your story. We want to know,
So... How Did You Meet Anyway?


Saturday, November 3, 2012

Meeting My Superhero

Okay, so meeting my masked Superhero:
We were both living in Twentynine Palms, CA. David had just returned from his second deployment in Iraq, and we were both going through divorces. The day before Halloween I was excited that my costume had arrived, but I had no where to wear it,and my neighborhood doesn't get a lot of trick or treaters. I posted this as my status on My Space.
A little while later I got a message from a guy asking if I'd like to come to his Halloween party. I was wary about going to a random party and besides, I didn't have a car to get anywhere!
We exchanged a few more emails while he tried to convince me that he would pick me up and not leave my side through the night. (One of my bigger concerns... being left in the room with strangers who all knew each other). The next day, I agreed and within hours, he was on the way.
I was nervous while I got ready. He texted that he was outside. I opened the door a bit and grabbed my shoes and purse before coming out. I was trying so hard not to giggle as this guy in a superhero outfit and mask walked up to me. He, in turn, had a cabaret dancer walking towards him. We introduced ourselves, and being the gentleman that he is, he walked to the truck door and opened it for me.When we reached his house, he got out of the truck, and did the same. I was impressed, to say the least. Since then, we've been together a year and a half and haven't spent a day apart up until this deployment. When he returns, we'll have been together two years and will be planning our wedding for the following Halloween.

http://mrandmrsdickerson.blogspot.com/