Share Your Story

Throughout history stories of romantic meetings are chronicled and passed down through the ages.

Now it's your turn to share your story. We want to know,
So... How Did You Meet Anyway?


Saturday, October 27, 2012

Marry Me Fox

Ian and I met five years ago, when we started working together.
We were both single, and didn't know each other very well at all.  My boyfriend at the time (now ex, obviously) was very immature, and I would wonder why I couldn't find a responsible, mature, funny guy who was thoughtful and romantic. Ian was my go-to guy for advice throughout that whole terrible relationship. Of course it all ended pretty badly, and Ian was there to cheer me up.
At that point, we had never hung out outside of work,we didn't have each others cell phone numbers or personal emails. We barely knew each other really. During the next few months we started to talk more. He took me out to lunch a few times to cheer me up when I was feeling very down. In May of that year I decided to tell him that I was falling for him. I always had liked him, even when dating the other guy (horrible I know). Much to my surprise, Ian did not feel the same way. He very kindly told me all of the reasons why he thought we wouldn't work as a couple. Most of the things he listed were based on the choice I made going out with my former boyfriend, and how I behaved with that guy and other old friends. 
I had, however, grown up a lot in those three years, but we decided to just be friends.


We went on a hike in the Bearfort Mountains near his home. It rained the ENTIRE TIME. We made a fire out of pencils and napkins, saw a bear, and a rattlesnake... and I kept my cool the whole time. He said he was proud of me.:) We started going to lunch more and more and after a while he got to know the real me. We began dating August of that year, but we still say the hike was our first date. 
Fast forward many happy years (2 years 4 months and 15 days to be exact) We went hiking in the woods on November 5th, a Saturday. It was gorgeous out; perfect fall weather. We stopped to picnic at a wonderful little spot on top of the rocks overlooking the water on Buckabear Mountain. I was supposed to bring a book to read, but forgot, so he handed me this little storybook. He handmade this thing! All of the pictures he drew and colored himself. Towards the end of the story Bear and his Little Fox love each other so much, that Bear asks an important question... "Can I marry you?"


When I look up from the book in semi-shock, he's holding this gorgeous wooden ring box (that he MADE... he's crazy!) and inside it says "Marry Me, Fox"... I burst into tears, formed an audible "Yes!!!!", and he puts the ring on my finger. I was shaking so hard I couldn't even breathe!. He was smiling from ear to ear and told me that I could call my parents. I hugged him again and struggled to see my phone through my tears. My mom cried, my dad told me not to lose the ring, and my sister screamed and cried! My friend's mother even cried! We're so blessed to have so many people be so happy for us. Things are so much better when everyone approves!   He keeps calling my FutureWife, and FoxWife. I love the sound of that!  We've been wedding planning for the past few months and Can't wait to be husband and wife October 2012.  :)