Share Your Story

Throughout history stories of romantic meetings are chronicled and passed down through the ages.

Now it's your turn to share your story. We want to know,
So... How Did You Meet Anyway?


Thursday, June 10, 2010

Love in the Time of Molasses

I graduated from High School in 1978. In order to save money for college I began working full time as a cashier at Star Market in WR. From my register I had a perfect view of a handsome fellow employee working in the aisle directly in front of me...couldn't take my eyes off him. I told a friend and co-worker that someday I would marry him. We had a good laugh. My mother asked me to pick up some molasses after work (my brother was making a gingerbread house for Christmas). I saw this as an opportunity to talk to "the boy" and asked where I would find the molasses. I was so embarrassed when I realized it was right in front of me. We started talking and realized we had family connections(his cousin was dating my brother). Later at a company holiday party we danced. He asked how old I was and was very surprised to learn I was only 17(he was 21).Because I was working full-time, people assumed I was older. Shortly after that we began dating and almost 3 years to the day we were married. Almost twenty nine years and two children later, molasses can bring a smile to our faces~life is good!

*The gingerbread house builder became an architect and the cousin-brother married shortly after we did.