Share Your Story

Throughout history stories of romantic meetings are chronicled and passed down through the ages.

Now it's your turn to share your story. We want to know,
So... How Did You Meet Anyway?


Sunday, March 9, 2014

Go Navy!

 My husband Kevin was in the Royal Navy and in early 1978 he wrote to our local newspaper asking for pen pals. I had always enjoyed writing, so I sent a letter. We carried on exchanging letters and getting to know each other.

Toward the end of the year he came home on leave, and asked if we could meet. As I was only just 20 my dad made him come to the house, we hit it off straight away.


Within a month he asked me to marry him. 


We were engaged by January 1979 and married that July.

Lots of people said we were mad and it would never last.


On the 7th of July this year we had our 33nd anniversary and we are still happy and together.


 We also have two great kids now 25 and 29.


http://www.jollyjillys.blogspot.com/