Share Your Story

Throughout history stories of romantic meetings are chronicled and passed down through the ages.

Now it's your turn to share your story. We want to know,
So... How Did You Meet Anyway?


Sunday, August 14, 2011

From Friends to Forever

I am such a hopeless romantic and I love the idea of collecting love stories so I (humbly) submit my own:
 In the fall of 2005, I was a senior in college with a wonderful boyfriend, a great house and big plans to go to law school. Then Hurricane Katrina hit and my whole world turned upside down. On a somewhat irrational, and emotional whim I decided to become a volunteer teacher in the Republic of Marshall Islands.
I was assigned to the island of Majuro and placed in a house with 10 other volunteers, nine girls and one guy--Dave. To be perfectly honest, I thought he was cute but...
I found him super annoying. In reality, we couldn't have been more different, Dave spent the year planning a year-long trip to Thailand and I spent it applying to ivy league law schools. That being said, we were in the middle of the Pacific Ocean living in a country with no television and limited internet access so there were a lot of late-night conversations and long walks on the beach.

One afternoon, seven months into the school-year, he just kind of blurted out that he was in love with me. Within a week I had put off my plans to go to law school and told my parents I would be moving to Thailand. We've been (and lived) together ever since. Exactly three years after the date he first told me he loved me, he proposed on the beach in the Dominican Republic, and next year we will be getting married in Costa Rica overlooking the Pacific, where we first became friends.
October 30, 2010

Thanks for the great opportunity to share my love story.
And...follow the love story all the way to the BIG day on;
(http://www.barristerbride.blogspot.com/)