Share Your Story

Throughout history stories of romantic meetings are chronicled and passed down through the ages.

Now it's your turn to share your story. We want to know,
So... How Did You Meet Anyway?


Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Leap of Faith

I met my husband when I was thirty years old and he nineteen. I was a preceptor for CNAs in a nursing home. I had worked there for four years before I met my husband. I worked alone a lot of times. Short staffing was a big problem in the nineties. When my husband started working at the nursing home he began working with me. Within just a few short days, my workload had become noticeably lighter. Suddenly I was getting a lunch break, and it was all because of him, and the patients I had grown to love were feeling the extra staffing as well.

I was at a crossroads in my life. I was a practicing alcoholic and in an abusive relationship.  One of the grandmas I took care of told me that if I was ever going to find a good man I had to write a list of characteristics.So, I did. I gave it to her to read and she said "Honey" no one is this perfect.  Take a few of these things off the list and be more reasonable. I knew from personal experience I could not. I walked outside,got on my hands and knees and prayed to the lord to send me someone to love. When I looked up there he was, right in front of me all along.


Once we were off work,we spent the night talking and within six months of my prayers being answered, we married. My family was the only one to show up and support us. We were married by a Justice of the Peace. No frills because we were too poor to afford it. Within a year I would stop drinking-cold turkey.  Cliche or not we never go to bed angry. Since we've met and married we've never gone a day without writing each other a note in the morning. He is my best friend. And I am his. We don't hide anything from one another. We share our thoughts and our fears. Happy times and not so happy. We compromise; pride never gets in the way. It's hard, but we want to stay the way we've always been...in love.  :)

http://cpa2008kim.wordpress.com/