Share Your Story

Throughout history stories of romantic meetings are chronicled and passed down through the ages.

Now it's your turn to share your story. We want to know,
So... How Did You Meet Anyway?


Saturday, July 2, 2011

Girl Meets Boy

Mine is girl meets boy and girl goes after boy and wins boy.
Our story is that I had a crush on Kevin, my neighborhood friend, during high school. We first met when I moved to VT my Freshman year. We never dated in high school but hung out. A few years after we graduated from high school he asked me if I wanted to go to a Halloween Party with him that was about a month away. After he asked me out I never heard from him again till "the date" At that point I wasn't sure if it was really going to happen or not. After the first date, we started dating some and when he moved to Burlington, I followed him. I think he might have been trying to get away from me but I wouldn't let him!

He eventually got an apartment in Waterbury Center and I just kind of moved in. The day I moved in my dresser was the day he knew he was in trouble and wasn't going to be getting rid of me any time soon. At that time a lot of our friends were either married or engaged and there was a lot of pressure on us to get married. Thank goodness Kev held out till he was ready.  I wasn't sure if he was ever going to ask me to marry him but on a vacation to Cape Cod to see my sister, he popped the question. We decided to get married on Oct 1, 1983. We had 2 months to plan the wedding and some how we pulled it off. It was a beautiful fall day. It could have been snowing but it didn't and we were so lucky and had a wonderful day. 27 years later we still love each other and are having a great time! There you have it. I feel really lucky to have found Kevin and ended up marrying him. He is a great guy.